Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Fun!




Valentines is always such a fun time! It was such fun when I was a child,to decorate my Valentine box. We took an old shoe-box, covered it with red paper, glued white doilies on it, and attached pink or red valentine hearts all over it. I remember my sisters and I competing to see who could make the prettiest one. Then we would exchange little valentines with all our friends in our class. Amy, my younger daughter, says that a simple store-bought card doesn't get it anymore, though. Now the kids expect treats with their cards from each child. Nothing seems as simple as it used to be! Oh well, I'm sure they still have lots of fun.

The fun I have now, though, is seeing Valentine's Day through the eyes of my grandchildren. I've been putting some bags together today for them. Last year, I did fancy lettering with their names on the bags, but this year, they will have to be plain and simple, since I can't find my paint pen. Inside each bag, there are several little "goodies". There is a heart-shaped box of candy( only 5 pieces); a cute little puppy with a heart around it's neck that says "Kiss me"; several pencils; several candy kisses; and a Hidden Picture Playground book for each of them.
I had such a good time fixing them--I just hope they like them.

I'm posting some pictues of their bags--all ready to go, and I'm also including some pictures of my heart tree that is sitting on the kitchen table. I use the tree for several seasons. I have bunnies for Easter, hearts for Valentines, and Christmas ornaments for Christmas. I don't even remember where I got it, but it's been fun to find different things to hang on it. I hope everyone will have a great Valentine's Day!

No comments: