Sunday, June 14, 2009

Torn Between

Praise the Lord! My sweet mom is doing so much better! She's still in Rehab, but still needs some visits from my sister and I. But since my sister was involved with her high school reunion all weekend( at the governor's mansion, by the way ), I had the full responsibility for the hospital visits. Here are some of the beautiful flowers Mother has received.....
Many months ago, way before Mother became ill, Amy and Corin had asked us to keep Evan and Pressley this weekend so that they could attend a friend's wedding in Highlands, NC. Well, I wondered how this was going to work out, but because my wonderful husband is such a great
"Poppy", things went very well! I was naturally very torn--wanting to be with Mother, but also not wanting to miss out on the fun at home with the "Grands".
Is this not the most adorable face? Amy and Corin brought Evan and " Little Miss P " to our house Friday around 2:00 and the fun began. I went to the hospital and spent some quality time with Mother, but still returned home in plenty of time to do baths! Here they are "squeeky clean" and " Oh, so lovable!"


Poppy and Evan worked on this " masterpiece " Saturday, and had so much fun doing it!



Later, we all baked a cake! Ralph and I had lots of help! They loved licking the beaters.....



and icing the cake!



We worked so hard, " Little P " really needed a rest!


Even though I was very torn between home and the hospital, it turned out to be a special weekend! The children were especially sweet, and Mother continues to improve. Look for her to be returning to Kings Bridge before you know it!

























1 comment:

Denise said...

Nancy -

I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing better!

She is such a sweet, sweet lady and means a lot to so many people.

Glad you had a great weekend with the grandkids!