Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ralph's Retirement Has Finally Come!

It was with very mixed emotions that Ralph and I went to Jacksonville this past Thursday - to attend the luncheon to celebrate Ralph's retirement from CSX, after 30 years. I came extremely close to staying home, but knew that my sweet mother, who was still in ICU, would be very upset with us when she recovers, had we not gone. Also, it was such a special occasion for my wonderful husband-and something I would have really regretted missing. So, with an ache in my heart( and stomach ), we went.

It was such a lovely event! The food was great( Ralph's favorite menu--even though they didn't realize it), the attendance was inspiring, and everything was so much fun. So many people had funny things to say, as well as very touching things. Also, the President of CSX Real Property, the Chief Financial Officer, and the Chairman and CEO of CSX Corporation made very nice comments on video about my dear husband! A video slide presentation was shown while everyone was "mingling", and while we were eating. Here are some shots of some of the 45 to 50 people who came.... The meal was delicious......

as well as the cake......






Ralph was presented a plaque recognizing his years of service-- and they even gave me a presentation for being part of the CSX family






























No comments: