Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A 98th Birthday Weekend!

This weekend was one of those special ones that seldom occures in families. My aunt (my Mother's sister ) reached the milestone of 98 years old! As many of the family members as possible traveled to Ozark, AL to celebrate the momentous occasion. The picture above shows my Mother, my cousin, Diane ( who hosted the event ) and another cousin's wife, Eloise. As we arrived in town on Friday evening, we all met at their local Applebee's to eat and get reaquainted. The picture below is my Mother and cousin greeting my aunt, Cler.

This is my cousin, Bill, and his wife and my cousin, Martin, and his wife, Sister. They are all so much fun and we had never met either of the wives. We immediately fell in love with them.
Bill's daughter, Cler, is a nurse and she is so good with her grandmother, my Mother, and her other grandmother ( who is critically ill with cancer ).

Below is my cousin, Martin, and his wife, Sister. He is the son of my Mother's sister, Josie. I have always thought so much of Martin and was so excited about meeting his lovely, talented wife.

On Saturday, we all spent the day at Diane and Charles' house. Here are the matriarchs of the family >


Below are my cousin, Babs, my Mom, and Sister.


These are the girl cousins of my generation who were there.



Here are my generation of cousins

My sister, Lynn, and Cler enjoyed getting to know each other better.



Outside at Diane's house, we took different groupings of the family. This first one is of Cler and Mother with all the cousins of my generation( with spouses ).



This one is of Cler and Mother with everyone who attended ( all generations ).




This next one is of Cler, Mother, and all of Cler's children, grandchildren and great- grandchildren. There are many more who couldn't attend.



This one is of Mother, Arthur and Lynn, and Nancy and Ralph. ( Cler was the only sister who had grandchildren and great-grandchildren there). No one's house could accomodate that many!



Next, is my Aunt Alice's family with Cler and Mother. This is Mike and Carolyn, and Greg and Babs. Their sister, Margie, could not be there.



Next, is my Aunt Josie's son, Martin, and his wife, Sister. Martin has a sister, Elise, who could not be there.


Again, my generation.....

and the next generation.....


The birthday cake......


Everyone singing " Happy Birthday "



"And many more"!!!!! Happy Birthday, Cler!!!! We love you!!!!










































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, thanks for sharing. We've not had one in so long that I truly enjoy seeing others' family gatherings, brings back the memories of ours. Glad you made it there & back safely. What a busy summer you & Poppy have had!

Betty Lou said...

oops, that was me, didnt' mean to be anonymous. :-]