Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Here It Is--We Got It! ( Ralph's list)

This blog actually belongs to "The Pressleys" - both Nancy and Ralph. So, I really wanted to post Ralph's list of random things, too. Remember, he is a typical male-giving the facts only. You can probably guess at which point I stepped in and encouraged him to express his feeling( hint: the numbers after #20). So, here they
are!

1. I was born in Augusta, GA in 1942 and lived in North Augusta, SC, until 1946.
2. In 1946 we moved to Hephzibah, GA where we lived until 1956.
3. My parents both worked and I spent a lot of time on the farm with my grandparents. I could stay on the
tractor plowing or cutting wheat, etc all day and loved it.
4. My family moved to Atlanta in 1956 when my brother was 6 weeks old and I was 14.
5. I lived in the Virginia Highlands area (Rosedale RD) and graduated from Druid Hills High School.
6. I went to work for C & S bank in 1961, after high school, and went to John Marshall Law School at
night.
7. In 1963, I joined the Army Reserves and went to Columbia, SC for 6 month’s training- then was in the
reserves for 5 ½ years.
8. After my reserve training, I came back and worked at the bank until 1965.
9. In the fall of 1965, I went to work for Continental Insurance Co. as an underwriter.
10. In 1966, I married my childhood sweetheart, Nancy. We met at Morningside Baptist- our families
were friends and we started dating when she was 14 and I was 18.
11. In 1969, I went to work for my Dad in the Church financing business.
12. Our daughter, Beth, was born in 1970.
13. Then, our second child, Amy, was born in 1972.
14. My Dad and I closed the Church financing business in 1977, and I started selling real estate.
15. In 1979, I went to work for the Georgia RR, handling their real estate. The Ga. RR became part of
CSX in 1982.
16. In 1984, I transferred to Jacksonville, FL—it was the best thing that ever happened to us! We had
four great years there.
17. In 1988, we were transferred back to Atlanta.
18. This is the best time of my life- I love being a “Poppy”!
19. It was a very special day, March 3rd 2001, when after waiting forever it seemed, we found out that
Beth and David were going to be able to adopt a little boy from China ( Will )
20. Then, two years later, we were blessed when Amy had a little boy, Evan. At the same time,
Beth and David were headed back to China to adopt a little girl, Abby.
21. The last of our little blessings came along a couple of years later, when our little Pressley was born.
22. I am so thankful that our church is now what we have prayed for many years it would become- a
church that loves the Lord and wants to make sure we tell everyone about HIM, and see them come
to know HIM as we do, so that they too may have eternal life.
23. I am one of the few people that I know that is still working at 66 1/2 years old. I like what I do and
Enjoy the people with whom I work, both inside the company and outside clients. I am considering
Retiring later this year, but I have very mixed emotions about it.
24. I have a reputation for being a “big talker”—but my # 1 strength ( in the Gallop Strengths ) is WOO, so
what do they expect!
25. I enjoy playing golf, although I’m not really great at it.

No comments: