Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm so far behind--I thought I was in 1st place!

Until tonight, this quote(which is on my refrigerator) was my theme-song. We have had a fantastic time traveling, but man, have I gotten behind with Christmas cards,shopping,baking,etc. Today though, I am feeling a little less frustrated. Making a list and checking it off really helps. We had taken pictures of all 4 grandchildren and ordered our cards from Shutterfly before we left, but thats all. Our goal for today was to buy the stationary and envelopes for our letters, print the letters,stuff and stamp them ,and have them ready to drop in the mail tomorrow. Believe it or not, we accomplished our goal, and on top of that, we also bought groceries, candles, and a new printer--and baked a pound cake for the musical at church tomorrow night! Wow! Never thought we could get all that done.
Now that all that stress is off--let me tell you about our trip. On Friday after Thanksgiving, Ralph and I took off in the car toward NY to meet up with Amy and her family(who had flown up there on Thanksgiving afternoon). They stayed with Corin's sister in upstate NY until Sunday afternoon--at which time, we met at the Hilton Garden Inn on 8th and 48th. Let me tell you, our two Mccarthy G-babies are real troopers. We walked all over NYC, saw the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall, took a carriage ride in Central Park, visited the Build-A-Bear store on 5th Avenue, went to the Top of the Rock, visited the Statue of Liberty(Livery, as Pressley pronounces it), etc, etc. Except for one melt-down from Pressley, they loved it all and didn't complain! It was all such fun, and great for us to have such experienced guides.

No comments: